- Features a 4.4:1 gear reduction ratio
- Will bolt to original mounting points
- Has cranking power for up to 18:1 compression
- Can be mounted upside down for header clearance
- Its small, compact size provides additional clearance
Powermaster XS Torque gear reduction starters are built using all new components and cranks out 200 ft./lbs. of torque. It bolts up like an original starter, but its gear-reduction design gives it more power to crank over high-compression engines. Fits USA-made 1932-1953 flathead Ford V8 engines using manual transmissions & steel flywheels.